Neda Lajevardi is a partner at Lott & Fischer. Ms. Lajevardi is a Phi Beta Kappa graduate of Emory University, where she earned a Bachelor of Arts degree in Philosophy and a minor in Persian Language and Literature. She received her Juris Doctor cum laude from the University of Florida Levin College of Law. Ms. Lajevardi is trilingual in English, Spanish, and Persian.
While in law school, Ms. Lajevardi concentrated her studies on intellectual property law and received top grade awards in European and International Copyright Law, Legal Drafting and Negotiation and Mediation. She was a Teaching Assistant for her law school’s Legal Research and Writing and Appellate Advocacy courses as well. Ms. Lajevardi was also an executive board member of The Florida Moot Court Team and awarded Best Oralist at the Charleston National Moot Court Competition in South Carolina.
Prior to joining Lott & Fischer, Ms. Lajevardi was a fellow at the World Intellectual Property Organization at the United Nations in New York City, where she experienced firsthand the intricacies of international intellectual property law. She has clerked for private law firms, gaining experience in discrimination law, disability law, employment law and commercial litigation. Additionally, Ms. Lajevardi has worked at a law firm in Madrid, Spain.
Ms. Lajevardi is active in the intellectual property community, serving as a member of her local bar associations as well as the Florida Association of Women Lawyers. She is also highly involved with the International Trademark Association (“INTA”). She has presented at INTA Conferences in Barcelona, Spain and Orlando, Florida and currently serves as a Subcommittee Co-Chair of INTA’s Young Practitioners Committee, where she helps educate young lawyers about INTA and trademark law.
- University of Florida Levin College of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2011
- Emory University, B.A., Phi Beta Kappa, 2008
- State of Florida, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida, 2012
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court for the Middle District of Florida, 2015
- International Trademark Association (INTA), Subcommittee Co-Chair
- Business Law, Entertainment, Arts, & Sports, and International Law Sections of The Florida Bar
- American Bar Association (ABA)
- Florida Association of Women Lawyers (FAWL)
- Dade County Bar Association (DCBA)
Publications and Presentations
- Speaker and Author: “Overview of Important 2019 & 2020 Trademark Decisions,” Practising Law Institute (PLI), New York, New York, March 2020
- Host and Moderator: “Connections and Boundaries Between Intellectual Property and Data Privacy,” Sponsored by the International Trademark Association (INTA), Miami, Florida, February 2020
- Speaker: “Key 2018 Trademark Decisions” Roundtable, Sponsored by the International Trademark Association (INTA), Miami, Florida, February 2019
- Speaker: “A Sworn Statement: Best Practices for Showing Use in Commerce in the United States and the USPTO’s Proposed Changes in Requirements for Declarations of Continued Use,” International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Conference, Barcelona, Spain, May 2017
- Speaker: “What Law School Didn’t Teach You,” International Trademark Association (INTA) Annual Conference, Orlando, Florida, May 2016