Noah H. Rashkind is a partner at Lott & Fischer. He is also a Registered Patent Attorney and a Florida Bar Board Certified Criminal Trial Lawyer. Mr. Rashkind earned dual undergraduate degrees from the University of Florida, a Bachelor of Science in Astronomy, with a minor in Physics, and a Bachelor of Arts in Political Science. He earned his Juris Doctor from Stetson University College of Law, where he was the Founder and President of the Intellectual Property Law Society.
While in law school, Mr. Rashkind clerked for The Division of Patents and Licensing at the University of South Florida. After law school, he went on to earn a Master of Science in Astronomy from the University of Florida.
Prior to joining Lott & Fischer, Mr. Rashkind served as an Assistant Public Defender, where he gained years of experience litigating complex criminal matters. He has tried 49 jury trials to verdict, dozens of bench trials, and argued countless motion hearings. Mr. Rashkind is admitted to practice law in Florida and the District of Columbia, and is registered to practice before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- University of Florida, M.Sc., 2007
- Stetson University College of Law, J.D., 2005
- University of Florida, B.S., 2002
- University of Florida, B.A., 2002
- Florida, 2006 (Board Certified Criminal Trial Attorney)
- District of Columbia, 2007
- United States Patent and Trademark Office, Registered Patent Attorney, 2012
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit, 2018
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida, 2014
- U.S. District Court, Middle District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Florida, 2015
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia, 2007
Reported and Notable Cases
Heron Dev. Corp. v. Vacation Tours, Inc., No. 19-10784, 2020 U.S. App. LEXIS 15277 (11th Cir. May 13, 2020)
Heron Dev. Corp. v. Vacation Tours, Inc., 2017 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 196869 (S.D. Fla. 2017), cited in 3 Gilson on Trademarks § 11.02 at n. 148 (2020)
Publications and Presentations
Fischer, Ury; Rashkind, Noah. Bad Faith Assertion Legislation: Troll Solution or More Headaches for Defendants?, LANDSLIDE, Volume: 8 Issue: 5 (2016).
Rashkind, Noah, The Intersection of Science and Law. Guest Speaker at District 9 Student Leadership Advisory Council. Miami, FL, February 3, 2015.
Rashkind, Noah, File-Free Procedure Manual for Attorneys. Public Defender Training Manual (last update May 2014).
Rashkind, Noah, Add Power to Your Closings: A PowerPoint Start-Up Guide for Lawyers. Public Defender Training Manual, September 2011.
Rashkind, Noah, Courtroom Technology: Keeping Up with the Prosecution in the Digital Age. March 2011, Continuing Legal Education Lecture 8053-R.
National Security Clearance – Previously granted National Security Clearance in conjunction with federal litigation before the United States District Court, District of Columbia